Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ellie Review

Last month I joined a monthly subscription box, like Ipsy and Birchbox, except they send you 2 items of workout clothing. The monthly fee is $49.95 (which most people are like whaaaaaat?!), but if you've ever gone to buy workout clothing it's expensive. Getting a new outfit every month helps motivate me, so whatever works for you, right?! So, you pay the monthly fee and you can pick out 2 items--2 tops, 2 bottoms, or 1 bottom and 1 top, and the collection changes every month. When you sign up you take a style quiz which will recommend certain items for you, and if you don't choose your items the first week of the month then they will choose 2 items based on your quiz to send to you. You can skip a month whenever you want, with no penalty charge. If you don't want to purchase the membership you can buy items a la carte. I think it's a great company! Also, if you don't like an item you've received then you can exchange it for free (and shipping's free back and forth!).

They're going through a lot of changing and growing right now, so it does take some time to receive your items, and I'm hoping that once they get everything worked out things will go smoother. That's my only complaint about the company, because the customer service staff is so friendly and awesome! Ok, so let's get to the good stuff... THE CLOTHES!


In February I ordered the Catch Me If You Can shirt and the Electric Love Capri.


Obviously, I didn't purchase this to wear together because I would look like a freakin' smurf! But I just loved each piece so much I had to buy them. 



I LOOOOOVE this shirt. It's so soft and the thumb holes are awesome for runs. There's also a mesh panel that runs around the shoulders to keep you cool. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I think I'm going to wear this on my run today. You can also pull the sleeves up and over your fingers (kind of like a mitten) for chillier runs. (Why didn't I think of this?!)


The capris are very lightweight and honestly feel like a second skin. They're thick enough to be covering where everything's not showing. I work them to Zumba yesterday and were so comfortable to move in. I love the details on them, and they're so different from anything I own.


The pictures from the website:



I've already ordered my items for March, which is the Little Black Collection, and whenever they get in I'll do a review of those items also. If you want to join/check out Ellie click my link below!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment