Monday, March 25, 2013

Say It, Do It {New For Me}

If you're new to SIDI (as am I), it's where we say our workouts out loud for a week to hold us accountable to our fitness goals. So here we go....

Monday: C25K Week 4 Day 2 (I think I'm going to have to repeat day 2)
Tuesday: Zumba and arm workout
Wednesday: C25K
Thursday: Swim
Friday: BodyPump
Saturday: C25K
Sunday: Rest

Yesterday I went to my very first BodyPump class which is a LesMills class using barbells. I really liked it, but my legs are so effing sore today. I pulled myself together anyways and tried to do my week 4, day 2 workout on C25K. It was rough! I didn't run the whole time I was supposed to, so I'm going to repeat day 2 on Wednesday. Hopefully it'll be better by then and my legs will feel a lot better.

For my arm workout... I'm using Mama Laughlin's Arm Workout... (love her!) She's gotten fantastic results with her workout, she does it 5 times a week. She's fantastic and if you haven't checked out her blog.. DO IT!



Also, in high school I was on the swim team my senior year (HOLLA!). I've always loved swimming and it's a great workout so I'm trying to get back in to it. I'm going to post my swim workout this week, but I want to test it out first and maybe tweak it a little bit.

Sunday's Easter so I'm resting, going to church with my family, and then going to my grandfather's for Easter lunch... I'm still debating on what to make!

Off to make make my peanut butter energy bites. These are great snacks especially before workouts... What I use to make these:




Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites
  • 1 cup dry oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup nut butter (I just used peanut butter)
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/4 cup raw honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
You can add customize these to your preferences... add chocolate chips, coconut flakes, dried fruit, etc.

Combine all the ingredients together and refrigerate for about an hour. The longer you chill it, the easier it is to form the balls. Roll in the 1-inch balls. I keep them refrigerator and enjoy! 

Makes about 20-30 balls.

Happy Monday!

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment