Monday, June 3, 2013

Documentary Weekend & {Say It, Do It}

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent my Sunday watching food documentaries and now I'm obsessed! So I'm going to rant for a bit about them.

1st one we watched: Super Size Me. I watched this one in High School, but my boyfriend (who is a fast food junkie) hadn't seen it, so I made him watched and now he loves and hates me for it! Some things are little dated, but basic principles are the same. We all know fast food is bad for, but I just don't think we realize HOW bad it is and how much damage it can actually do to our bodies. It's a definite must see if you haven't watched it yet! On to the next one....


2nd one we watched: Food, Inc. OMG! I cried during this.. yes actual tears! As some of you might know, I've recently gotten into clean eating and trying to eat more organic and stuff. Well after watching this movie I'm OBSESSED with eating local, fresh food... especially meat. The animals got me in this movie. Seriously. I think I'll only be able to buy meat from farms that pasture-raise their animals and treat them humanely from now on. I spent the rest of my afternoon looking up local farmers markets that sell more animal products, because the one I go to just mostly has veggies and fruits. Definite life changer! I loved this movie! But I'm going to warn you if you watch it, you're definitely not going to be able to look at Tyson, Smithfield, and other well known companies the same ever again!
 
Ok getting off the heavy stuff now... Here's my week's workout schedule.
 
Monday: Spin class
Tuesday: Run club (5k)
Wednesday: Spin class
Thursday: Pilates
Friday: Pilates
Saturday: BodyPump?? (I'm leaving for the beach, so I don't know if I'll have time to fit it in before we leave)
Sunday: Run/Walk
 
I'm probably not going to post next week, I'm not even sure we have internet at the house we're staying at. It's my vacation, so I'm not going to be working out as much as I have been, but I walk every morning with mom and I'm definitely going to run a couple of days! Also, I have officially started Blogilates DietBet. It's not too late join me!

Have a great day! <3

1 comment:

  1. we're definitely trying to stay healthy and fit, but around the holiday season is definitely when it starts to get difficult!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete