Thursday, April 25, 2013

Time to get FOCUSED {been MIA}

Ok, so I haven't been on here in a month, and to be perfectly honest I don't have a good excuse. I was out of work for a month and had plenty of time, but felt so unfocused and frustrated. I've been dieting and exercising since January and have only lost 10 lbs! Yes, I'm a scale person, but I'm learning not to be. I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks because I honestly feel like I look better. It doesn't matter what the scale says, I healthier because I am working out (usually 5 days a week!) and I'm eating healthier. So for all of those of you that feel discouraged... I'm right there with ya!

But just keep going!!! We'll get over these plateaus together.
YEAH.. I read motivational crap on pinterest... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (that's what he said)

This Saturday I'll be running in my first "race"! I've been doing the C25K and I'm on week 7! The race I'm doing this weekend is a 4k. I think I mentioned it in my other posts, it's called the Tap 'N' Run. Some of my friends are doing it with me and I'm pretty excited! :) Soon I'm going to sign up for a 5k, and I'm thinking about doing The Color Vibe 5k on June 22nd, which is my sista's birthday!! If anyone in the Raleigh area wants to do it with me.. let me know!

I've started doing more weight training, which I honestly feel has helped me the most. My body is firming up and less jiggly :) I'm going to the beach in a little over a month, and I'd like to not look like Flubber. One reason I've been unfocused is that there are so many workouts and programs out there that I want to do and I can't commit to just one. I'm obviously doing the C25K, I did the fit test for Insanity because I want to try to get up and do that in the mornings before work. I also belong to a gym, which I like going to. I enjoy the classes, but I also wait to lift weights. My favorite is Les Milles BodyPump because it does both! I was so sore the next day after my first class I could barely walk. So  because I don't have enough options I decided to do the Tone It Up Bikini Series and I'm a few days behind so I'm going to try to get somewhat caught up today. Definitely putting a few hours at the gym tonight! Good thing my boo's going with me.... awwwwww <3 (yeah I really don't like that mushy crap!)


I promise I'll try to do better with keeping up on here, mainly to hold myself accountable, but it's time to get my lazy ass in gear (for realz!).

And on an unrelated note (kind of).. I went to Disney over my month off. MY FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! (I make my mom feel guilty about this one often) "Why didn't I get to go to Disney as a child?????" My mom's my best friend and we rag on each other all the time! (but seriously, why couldn't I go to Disney as a child..) We went to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT.. Obviously I wasn't dieting during my 2 days at Disney World. It was AWESOME! And sensory overload.. I can't wait to go back because I feel that I'll be able to relax and enjoy everything instead of worrying I'm going to miss something (because you're going to miss something!) We're planning on going back for my birthday in November and I'm hoping we can go the weekend of the Disney Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon because I would loooove to mark that off my bucket list and accomplish something like that! It gives me something to work towards.


 
This is Di,my sistah from anotha mista!
Thanks for reading! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment